Grade 1 to Grade 12
The New Pythagoreans Mathematics Competition is an enthusiastic initiative to present mathematics in an enjoyable way to students of all grades. As Pythagoras said "There is geometry in the humming of the strings, there is music in the spacing of the spheres" we are looking forward to a great event that will present to the students, how fun mathematics could be when thinking outside of the box of the standard multiple choice test.
Pythagoras spent much of his life studying mathematics and formed a special school. He believed that everything in the world could be explained by numbers and his school worked hard to try to learn enough about numbers to be able to understand the universe.
SCHOOL4MATH is a family owned and operated tutoring business with over 12 years of experience in tutoring children of all ages including university students. At SHOOL4MATH, our top priorities are to serve our students and our community. We strongly believe in providing highly personalized tutoring services of the best quality that accommodate the nuanced needs of each individual student, while offering a fair price and gentle approach.
Our goal is to be the leading mathematics Olympics in Ontario and provide outstanding service that would allow us to expand throughout Canada. We believe that. Showcase student knowledge in a competitive environment. Challenge creative thinking and applying math expertise in solving complex problems. Develop comprehensive solution answers that would build excellence required to succeed in leading universities’ science programs.
The only aids that are permitted are pencils, pens, erasers, rulers, protractors and compasses. Scratch paper may also be used, but all scratch paper is to be provided by the proctors. Students must legibly print their name and code on each page. After the contests each student will receive only the first page and all other pages with solutions and scratch papers will be checked, scanned and e-mailed to the parent's attention up to 2 weeks after the competition. All solutions and answers must be written legibly. We will send your solutions and results by email.
- Contest time: 10AM- 11:30AM grades 1-6, grades 6-12 to be announced.
- Competition categories: each student will compete on the curriculum for his/her present grade. All test materials will be prepared to reflect and test the acquired knowledge of the Provincial curriculum for each grade.
- The test consists of 15 questions 90 minutes. Problems 1-5 are worth 3 points, 6-10- 5 points and 11-15 are worth 7 points. The maximum score is 75 points. In order for students to obtain the maximum score per question they have to show their work on the worksheets.
- Competition fee: $19.
- Auto-close Registration: Tuesday May 19, 2015.
- Test preparation- test samples with keys will be e-mailed in advance to all participants. Prep sessions will also be available, more information will be e-mailed shortly.
- After the competition: corrected student's worksheets and scores will be checked, scanned e-mailed to the parent's attention up to 2 weeks after the competition.
- Calculators are not permitted.
- Awards distribution- for those of you that will not be able to attend the formal graduation, please contact SCHOOL4MATH to receive your prize.
Our 2014 winners are:
2. Ammar Adam
3. Alexandra Tabakova
1. Anna Pikalova
3. Marc Cappuccitti
1. Quintina Liu
2. Arjun Arunkumar
3. Victoria Moore
1. Aryan Kini
2. Andrew Feng
3. Boris Gaydarov
1. Erica Liu
1. Gabra Khalil
2. Andy Andrey Valkov
1. Michael Le
2. Maria Gaydarova
3. Stefan Kolev
1. Chris Staykov
1. Grant Qui
1. Rey Pastolero
The more prizes the more happy winners. Kindly please contact SCHOOL4MATH to make arrangements if you are interested in donating a prize for a well deserving New Pythagorean. We thank you in advance for your generosity and commitment.
Sponsor's logo on all printed materials (guest invitations, posters, flyers, diplomas). Possibility to add Sponsor's promotional gifts to every package given to the participants. Official thank-you from the stage during the event. The possibility to distribute your promotional materials and have a promotional stand at the site of the Contest.
Grade 2-3 Fridays from 5 to 6
Grade 4-5 Fridays from 6 to 7
Grade 6-7 Fridays from 7 to 8
Grade 8-10 Thursdays from 6:30 to 7:30
Grade 10-12 Thursdays from 7:30 to 8:30
In every lesson we will solve and show different solutions from the Mathematics Competitions.
Our winners from June 7, 2014 Mathematics Contest will receive:
1st place - 3 months free virtual lessons
2nd place - 2 months free virtual lessons
3rd place - 1 month free virtual lessons
All lessons are stating from September 1st.